The Definitive E. M. Bounds Collection
The D. H. Ruffle Library is only place on the Internet – or even in a bookstore for that matter – where all 11 published works of E. M. Bounds, the 19th and 20th century master of prayer, can be viewed and downloaded all in one place! And it won’t cost you a penny.
Even the book, “The Complete Works of E. M. Bounds” includes only 8 of his titles, but after painstaking research, I’ve been able to add the missing books as part of our 2019 tenth anniversary update.
Please pass the word and God bless!
In my current update of the D.H.Ruffle Memorial Library, I’m happy to say that as of today, the site is now advert-free for the first time. I’m also working on making the site easier to use on mobile devices – be patient!
Also, I will be adding audio and video to the website as part of my on-going extensive make-over. The site is totally free to end-users, who never need to register any personal details – and it’s going to remain that way. Because there are additional costs involved in both time and money, I will also be adding a PayPal button later in the year for those of you who wish to help support the project.
God bless you and yours – John E. Ruffle
2019 sees the gradual roll-out and total renovation of the D.H. Ruffle Memorial Library website, as I celebrate 10 years since its inception. Work is on-going, but these features are already live:
- New for 2019 is a complete online copy of the Amplified Bible, making a collection of 15 Bible versions now on the revised Bible Index.
- The original material has been preserved page by page, accessed via the Heritage Archive tab. (Please be patient as I update each of the hundreds of hyperlinks on the site.)
- Please pray for this project which has already reached 157 nations without receiving a single donation or charging any fee. Thank you & God bless!
The Bible indeed is a divine revelation for God’s ‘gold standard’ for human life lived in harmony with our creator. The New Testament reveals how Jesus Christ restored the thread that sin had broken. SOAK in His Word. Be transformed by the acceptance of what Jesus did for YOU and me on the Cross and surrender to His life giving, forgiving power.
Although I originally uploaded the documents below a while ago, my prayer is that those who have not yet seen them will be profoundly touched by our Lord Jesus and His Holy Spirit. May you have a journey that truly is transformational for you and your loved-ones! – 10th May, 2015.
FREE BIBLE download page: Click on the links below to read on-line; to search, save or print any or all of these versions of God’s Holy Word in PDF format files. THE 100th D. H. RUFFLE MEMORIAL LIBRARY ACQUISITION:
The Dead Sea Scrolls: Psalms
D. H. RUFFLE MEMORIAL LIBRARY BIBLE pdf COLLECTION:
- The New Testament in Modern Speech -Weymouth (1903)
- The Twentieth Century New Testament (1904)
- The Emphasised Bible (1902)
- The Holy Scriptures According to the Masoretic Text (O.T., 1917)
- The Emphatic Diaglott (Interlinear Bible)
- Codex Vaticanus -New Testament. The earliest extant Bible ms. (4th Century, Greek)
Matthew Ch. 11 verse 8b -10a, 4th C. Greek
- American Standard Bible (O.T.) -indexed
- American Standard Bible (N.T.) -indexed
- Darby Translation Bible (O.T.) -indexed
- Darby Translation Bible (N.T.) -indexed
- Douay-Rheims Bible (with Apocrypha) -no index
- King James Version (KJV) Bible -indexed
- Wescott & Hort Interlinear Greek/Eng. (N.T.) -indexed
- Webster’s Bible -indexed
- World English Bible -indexed
- Young’s Literal Translation (YLT) -semi-indexed
The Common English Bible (2011), tagged by the publishers as “A fresh translation to touch heart and mind”, is a translation begun in late 2008 and finished in 2011, including the Apocrypha. One hundred and twenty scholars from twenty-four denominations worked on the translation. Sample books here are reproduced with kind permission of the five publishers involved in the project, who have made them freely available. Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.
- Common English Bible 2011 (CEB) -Genesis
- Common English Bible 2011 (CEB) -Psalms
- Common English Bible 2011 (CEB) -St Luke
STUDYING THE BIBLICAL TEXT USING STRONG’S NUMBERING SYSTEM:
- Vine’s Expository Dictionary of O.T. & N.T. Words
- Strong’ s Hebrew Dictionary of OT Words
- Strong’s Greek Dictionary of NT Words
All works are in the public domain unless otherwise specified. This compilation copyright 2011, 2015, D. H. Ruffle Memorial Library. May be freely copied and distributed for legitimate not-for-profit use only. Please include a link to this page with acknowledgement intact if re-posted.U
- Prayer takes an infinite variety of forms, yet its purpose is always one, and that is to facilitate communion with God, our loving Heavenly Father, the One who while being beyond knowing, has made Himself known to us through Jesus Christ.
- Prayer is the most neglected gift of grace with which humans have been endowed with. Indeed, many never enter this hidden realm of prayer, and thus, however rich and successful they may appear to be, they live their lives as spiritual paupers.
- Prayer, for Christ-followers, becomes a priceless, precious communion with the Almighty Father of all, facilitated by the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Word made flesh, and who dwelt among us, sharing in our humanity, in every point tempted as we are, and yet without sin.
- Prayer for the non-Christian, however, can be the seeking struggle of reaching out to Him who, while often to human perception appears to be a distant, far-off, uncaring, impersonal Being – is actually nearer than any could imagine or realise.
- Prayer is the greatest gift, the greatest remedy for sin and selfishness. It could be said that it is prayer that makes us fully human.
- Prayer, according to the Early Church Fathers, involves the whole of creation in a prayer to our Creator-God, yet only human kind refuse to freely offer prayer, due to the sin of Adam. When we pray in Jesus’ Name, the Father of all living hears us.
- Prayer to us should be as natural as breathing. Indeed, our entire lives should be a living prayer.
- Embrace our Heavenly Father, therefore, through prayer.Amen.
THE GLORY OF PRAYER
Prayer is praise; prayer is thanksgiving; prayer is worship, prayer is adoration and prayer is communion. Prayer is loving God and prayer is love towards fellow man.
Prayer is found in the silence of tears; prayer is the overflowing thanksgiving to God for His overflowing bounty and goodness. Prayer is last intake of breath before casting off our mortal bodies through the door of death. Prayer is the offering of petitions of grace for our enemies – toward those who hate us, destroy our loved ones, and demolish our earthly tents. Prayer, then, is our thanksgiving and rejoicing as we are received-up into glory. Our whole lives, therefore, are to be living prayers. Amen.
THE BEGINNING OF PRAYER
- Prayer is a mystery.
- Prayer is beautiful.
- Prayer explores the inner recesses of our souls;
- Prayer is our silent heart-cry in times of trouble;
- Prayer is our voice of jubilation in times of joy.
- Prayer is about our rapture with God;
- Prayer is the total abandonment of our selfish wills,
- Prayer is beyond knowing, beyond human explanation,
- Prayer is our communion with our Heavenly Father.
- The prayer of faith which is so pleasing to Our Lord,
- Is the prayer when we breathe deeply,
- In total surrender and love,
- Giving our all to Him whom loves us so dearly.
- This is the beginning of prayer. Amen.
John Ruffle, December 31, 2014.
This Passover and Holy Week, I bring you a hidden gem for free download!
My Daily Bread by Anthony J. Paone is an amazing little book of interior daily devotions. Published in 1954 by the Confraternity of the Precious Blood, this 430 page volume deserves much wider circulation. This volume is a summary of the spiritual life, arranged for daily reading, reflection and prayer. We have just added it to our library for FREE PDF download.
Little seems to be known about Fr. Paone, but I have been able to contact one of his great-nieces and she has kindly given me a little background to his life. She tells me that he had become very sick when he was young, and no one thought he would pull through. Anthony made a commitment to God, and promised that if his life would be spared, then he would dedicate himself totally to God for the rest of his life.
God indeed raised him off his death-bed, and Anthony went on to become a Jesuit priest serving in New York. For years, he taught in a New York high school, and was much-loved. In 1954, his collection of daily meditations were published, which have a similar tone to “The Imitation of Christ”.
Only ever produced in one edition in English*, after over a year of searching, I have finally found a source where a print copy can be purchased:
This book carries a Creative Commons licence and is considered to be in the public domain. *A Spanish edition has been published, details as yet unknown.A J PAONEA SUMMARY OF THE SPIRITUAL LIFECONFRATERNITY OF THE PRECIOUS BLOODDEVOTIONALJESUSMY DAILY BREADPRAYER‘THE D. H. RUFFLE MEMORIAL LIBRARY’
Below, you will see samples of what is available on this site. Unlike some websites, there is nothing to pay, and you do not need to register to access the files. Our desire is to put the precious Word of God into your hands, as well as some intelligent Bible study tools.
Most volumes are fully indexed chapter-by-chapter and searchable. You can also copy and paste with many of them. Some files have less functionality, (usually ‘page image’ files) – and these may seem hard to navigate at first. However, all the PDFs have a very handy “search” function, so don’t be put off from serious Bible study.
I trust that the volumes so far will prove to be a blessing to those of you who may not have previously had access to all these volumes. With every blessing in the wonderful Name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Amen.
-John Ruffle (Librarian/Webmaster)
– View or download: Ridling Bible Atlas
This full colour Bible Atlas is a 197 page gem, edited by Zaine Ridling, Ph.D, and published by the Access Foundation. This is a recent work, containing 132 high quality, informative maps showing physical geography and the historical changes of Old and New Testaments. Just one of a dozen Bible Study aids for free download!
Zaine Bible Atlas Copyright Access Foundation. Used by permission. This work is available for non-profit educational and academic purposes.
Page copyright 2001-2019, Ruffle Mission / Good News Services.